Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Hot Chocolate with my Sister

Hello bloggers.
I apologize for the late post, my author got carried away with other things and wouldn't let me use the computer or tablet. Ah the curses of having several character "siblings" and only one author.

Anyways, back to my crazy life. I did end up calling my sister like Conner suggested, even if it was an out of the blue thing. Last time he mentioned something about "cocoa" which is just another term for hot chocolate that my sister liked to use. So, I asked her if she'd like to catch up over a mug. 

I know what you're thinking. It's summer, hot chocolate is not the best drink to have. But believe or not, my sister and I could drink the stuff all year round and never get sick of the stuff. It's kind of like Gibbs and coffee. Even if it's 100 degrees outside, he's still got a coffee cup in his hand.

My sister agreed to meet with me at the local coffee shop (not Starbucks, too much hipster there currently). 

Before I continue, let me explain some things about my sister. Her name is Annalee, she mostly goes by Anna but we like getting on each other's nerves so I call her Lee and she calls me by my full name. She's only three years older than me, but moved out to go to some really fancy prep school for the talented (for something musical I think). She and I, like I told Conner, hadn't spoken since 2007. The reason for that is behind a falling out argument we had that I'm not going to get into right now. 

I sat at the coffee shop, one mug of hot chocolate in my hands and another across from me. Lee would be arriving any minute and I was getting nervous. Not talking for six years tends to put a little anxiety between sisters. Finally, Lee walked in the door and joined me. "Wow, hot chocolate, so what trouble are you in now?" Lee asked flipping back her honey blonde hair behind her shoulders. I rolled my eyes, "You know me, I'm a trouble magnet. And that's actually why I asked to see you," I replied. Lee took a sip from her mug and cocked her eye brow, "Really? What the heck happened to you?" she asked. Now, the question itself was not bad, it was the way she went about asking it. So, please forgive me for what I said next. "What happened to me was I got dumped with all the crap that should have been yours plus extra," I spat. Lee glared at me, "You asked me here, Veronica, so just spit it out already." I hated it when she used my full name. I absolutely hated it. "Ya know what, this was a bad idea, I don't even know why I listened to him," I muttered getting up from my seat. Lee grabbed my wrist, "Hold on a second. What did you just say?" I furrowed my brow. Lee's grip and her wide eyes told me that I may have just found something in common with her. "Ronie, please. What did you just say?" she pleaded. I slowly sat back down, "I said this was a bad idea," I replied.
"After that. Did someone tell you to call me?" she asked. I slowly nodded and suddenly, Lee didn't seem her bright perky prep school self. "Lee? Hey, what is it? What's wrong?" I asked. Lee shook her head, "Ronie, this guy's name, was it Conner? Or did he tell you something different?" she asked.
"He told me Conner, and obviously he told you that name too," I replied. She nodded and pulled away from me. "Lee...how do you know him?" I asked gently. 
"I met him on campus, just some random thing. He said his name was Conner and we needed to talk about..." I sat forward and took my sister's hand, "Talk about what?" I asked. She looked me in the eyes, "You. He said he needed to talk to me about you. Of course I blew him off, but he kept getting in my way. So I gave in. He told me you were having...monster problems and that you needed me again," she explained. I furrowed my brow, "Funny, he said you would need me." Lee smiled and chuckled, "Well that's how these guys work, I guess. So, shall we finish this and go somewhere we can actually talk?" For the first time around my sister, I smiled genuinely. We finished our hot chocolate and headed out for a walk. It was actually during that walk that I realized my sister and I, had more things in common than I thought.

I wish I could give you more details, but I am currently under sister oath. She might lift the oath herself, so watch the blog. You never know, my author could give her a chance to speak some too.

So, here's a question for you bloggers: What are you thinking so far? Any ideas of what the heck is going on with me? Because currently, I have no idea. Just so you know - no idea is a stupid idea (or so says the author). Comment away!

1 comment:

  1. OHMYJESUS! Way to leave us hanging! Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete