Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Rainy Day at the Gardens

Hello again bloggers, welcome back to the insanity. Last entry I told you I met some guy while swing dancing. Well today, I met him again, this time outside. 

If you hadn't noticed, or if you don't live in the southern part of the United States, it was raining like crazy today. Thunder and lighting accompanied the rain, which was going sideways. Why I still went out, I'm not sure. But I made my way to the gardens anyways.

My umbrella kept me out of the rain and out of the creepy creature eyes that could be hiding around. I walked around for a good half hour before I sat down on a bench under one of the willow trees in the garden. "Lovely weather, isn't it?" someone asked. I looked up and glared at the voice, which just happened to be mystery man. "If you're a fish," I spat. Mystery just smiled and leaned against the tree, completely ignoring the rain. "Any mishaps since last I saw you?" he asked
"Oh no, I am not answering any of your questions until you answer mine," I said getting to my feet. He shrugged, "I answer one of yours if you answer one of mine," he said. I hesitated a moment, but agreed to his terms. He motioned for me to join him and we started walking around the gardens again. "Let's start with the easy one, what's your name?" I asked. 
"I have different names depending on where I am, but you can call me Conner," he replied, "My turn, when was the last time you talked to your sister?" I tensed. The only other person who knew I had a sister was my author, and she obviously gave this guy the inside scoop. "I haven't spoken with her since Thanksgiving of 2007," I replied. Conner nodded then waited for my next question. "What did you mean when you said you could help me with my creature problem?" I asked quietly.
"I happen to know a few things about your...delicate situation that could turn things around for you. Or at least, it should." Well that was a good dodge, I had to give him that. Conner took my umbrella and put it away as the rain finally started to stop. "Do your parents know about all of your current mishaps?" he asked. I rolled my eyes, "Honestly, do you think my parents know anything about this? They're too busy trying to get me into college," I muttered. 
"College is good, but you'll need to live long enough to get there," Conner said. I narrowed my eyes at him, "Okay, let's cut the crap. Just tell me what the heck is wrong with me and what I can do to fix it," I snapped. Conner chuckled then turned to me and bowed again like he did last week, "All in good time, Ronie. You better get home before your parents start to worry. We'll talk again soon." Conner started walking away, but I got in his path, "You are not going anywhere until you tell me what I want to know," I snapped. Conner sighed and looked up at the clearing sky, "You might want to give your sister a call, I think she might be in need of some cocoa at this time," he said. I stood there stunned and when I came to again, Conner was gone.

I'll explain the cocoa thing later, but you can probably tell that this is something just between me and my sister. Anyways, I have no idea what the heck is going on, but more than likely I'll be giving my sister a call this week. I will also be having a talk with my author. Seriously, giving away private information? That's a new low.



Note from the Author (Kelsey): Hey guys! Hope you're enjoying Ronie's posts! She's a bit angry with me right now, but I'll take care of that later. I'm writing because I wanted to say I love you all! This month (June - July) has had more views on this blog than ever before! I've had someone in Iceland read this blog! How awesome is that?! Thank you so very much for reading and taking interest. :) Please spread this blog around! I want Ronie's crazy journey to spread like wildfire! See you guys on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment